Glass Ceiling Award
The glass ceiling refers to an invisible, unbreakable barrier to the advancement of women and other minority segments in the workplace, which results in their underrepresentation within boardrooms and c-suites. However, there are individuals who have overcome these barriers by breaking through the glass ceiling as they climbed to the top. The National Diversity Council seeks to recognize and honor these individuals for their achievement and for paving the way for others in corporate America.
- Demonstrates leadership excellence
- Maintains a record of accomplishments in areas of expertise
- Bears a record of a steady increase in responsibility within his/her career
- Exhibits positive influence on those underneath his/her leadership
- Displays integrity and portrays highest ethical standard among colleagues and individuals
The deadline for award nominations is 2 months prior to the event or publication date. *Please note that award opportunities are filled on a rolling basis beginning as early as 8 months prior to the event date, so award openings may be filled prior to the nomination deadline.